Panel Submission Deadline: August 15th
Please read this year’s Left Coast Forum Mission Statement before submitting your panel request.
- We urge each panel moderator to include a call to action— suggest something concrete attendees can join, do, or contribute to.
- Panel moderators should allow at least a third of their allotted time for audience Q&A. Each panel session is generally 75 minutes in length.
- We encourage the involvement of various types of subject matter experts but especially grassroots organizers to offer practice to match theory.
- Panelists should represent a range of political and cultural identities—race, gender, age, religious and class diversity is desired.
- We plan to make final panel selections starting August 15th, and will approve others beforehand if the information submitted is complete and the subject compelling. Incomplete submissions after August 15th can only be accepted as space is available.
- Panel sessions will run concurrently— with as many as six running at once. So, we urge all participants to work at promoting their panels, through social media campaigns, organizational mailings, inclusions on webpages, and published interviews. All who are interested in being interviewed by the LA Progressive should indicate this on their panel submission form.
- To accommodate as many participants as possible, panelists should appear on no more than two panels or workshops.
- We recommend that panels have a minimum of two speakers and a maximum of five including the panel moderator.
- Occidental classrooms feature the latest IT equipment and support. If you plan to use PowerPoint presentations, video clips or other visual presentation, be prepared to set up. There will someone on-hand to assist.
- All film screenings must have at least one person who took part in the film’s production—either as a producer, director, or actor. This person must be physically present before or after the screening and prepared for audience Q&A.
- To ensure that we cover expenses, we ask all participants to please make a donation. HOWEVER, inability to donate is not a bar to participation.
- We offer a “solidarity rate” for those who want to make a financial contribution beyond the suggested donation. We thank you for helping to advance our efforts to build a strong educated progressive community.
- Click here to complete and submit your panel proposal — be aware that you must complete the form to submit it. You cannot save it and come back later.
- Optionally, you may choose to download the Panel Submission Form LCF-19 and print it out for your own purposes — however, we are only able to accept the proposals for consideration via online online submission at this website.
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.