George A. Polisner is the founder of the non-profit civ.works -a privacy-protected social network built for civic activism. Prior to founding civ.works George worked in product development, performance engineering, service design and management at Oracle Corp, Dell, HP and at the Legislative Counsel for the State of California. He also serves on the Board of Peace Action and produces a socio-economic and political program for community radio in Lincoln County, Oregon. George splits his time between Oregon, California, Arizona and New York.
Sunday, 10 a.m.
What we are up against, part one (Concentrate wealth)
Lewis Powell, Reagan , ALEC, think tanks, academic influence, media consolidation, attacks on social programs, education, unions, regulations and government.
What we are up against, part two (Weaponizing Social Media)
Media and conflict–Mercer, Bannon, Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and Twitter –the weaponized media frontier
What we are doing about it now. (civ.works)
- Corrupting influence of money.
- Birth of the resistance.
- Long-term infrastructure/Social media as a public utility –with no data sold or shared.
- Meaningful, sustained civic engagement
- Moving beyond the resistance –Advance comprehensive legislation and policy.
- Democratize our road map.
- Democracy is Speaking –short form media project –reframing Progressivism.